Looking to start a Business? Check out the following links for information.
Province of Nova Scotia
Creating the right environment for businesses to flourish in the new economy is one of the strategic directions outlined in the province's growth strategy. To this end, the Department of Economic Development focuses on the development of public policy especially as it relates to promoting the best environment for businesses to start and expand in the digital economy.
Nova Scotia Business Inc
Nova Scotia Business Inc. works directly with companies to deliver results for Nova Scotia. NSBI focuses on four key areas in assisting business: trade development, investment attraction, venture capital and business financing. NSBI's expert team provides a variety of financing options and they can customize their packages with terms and conditions to meet individual needs.
Among their offerings are: Loans, Guarantees, Term Loans, Bond Requirements, Performance Contracts, Operating Lines of Credit, Payroll Rebates
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency works with businesses and communities to make the local economy more innovative, productive and competitive. ACOA administers several funding programs and is also a valuable resource in researching other available federal money for your business.
Nova Scotia Farm Loan Board
The Nova Scotia Farm Loan Board supports the development of sustainable agriculture and agri-rural business in Nova Scotia through responsible lending. The Board is a leader in agricultural lending, creating opportunities in rural Nova Scotia.
Truro Colchester Partnership for Economic Prosperity
Established in December of 2017, the Truro and Colchester Partnership for Economic Prosperity drives economic development in the Colchester region of Nova Scotia.
We are a group of business and community leaders who want to grow our region through small business support and community development.
We are a partnership of the local business community (through the Truro & Colchester Chamber of Commerce), the Towns of Truro and Stewiacke, The Municipality of the County of Colchester, Millbrook First Nation and the Nova Scotia Government.
Community Business Development Corporation (NOBL)
Northern Opportunities for Business Limited (NOBL) was formed in 1986 as Pictou County Business Opportunities Limited. Our mandate was set at that time and continues today and includes:
- To actively promote, encourage, and assist economic development in our geographic area;
- To encourage the concept of small business development as a method of creating local employment opportunities;
- To encourage employment diversity and stability in the community through self-employment, individual ownership, partnerships, corporations, co-operatives, worker collectives, non-profit organizations, job sharing, part and full-time work or any other appropriate structure;
- To administer funding received from government and private sources from which the Company will provide direct financial assistance to selected business projects in our geographic area, in a manner and under terms as may be established from time to time; and,
- To co-operate with all existing private and public agencies with similar objects in an effort to provide solutions to community problems and to avoid duplication of services.
That's a perhaps rather long way of saying that we are a government-sponsored business development corporation. Operating since the beginning of 1997 in the three Counties of Antigonish, Pictou, and Colchester, we are run by a volunteer Board of Directors supported by three Investment Committees (one for each County) and a six-member professional Staffing complement.
CBDC/NOBL has many partners in the business support arena. We share many clients with ACOA and Employment Nova Scotia. We work with the Regional Enterprise Networks (RENs) and Nova Scotia Business Inc. to find potential entrepreneurs as well as businesses looking for financial assistance.
We see ourselves as the deliverer of all government small business development financing programs and as such have a bailiwick of options for people interested in getting into business, expanding their current business, or modernizing their current business.